What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More progress I can't photograph (boxcar part 2)

I have a grand total of 4 boxcars on the go now. They really are simplicity itself to put together. I cut these "bodies" to length from a section of styrene strip in a NWSL chopper, made the ends from the grooved sheet with the grooves filed out, cut them to size and glued them to the "bodies".
These simple techniques produced something that really was starting to look like a boxcar so I took the plunge and added doors.
Yes, doors.
Well when I say doors it's more of a piece of .25mm styrene cut into 3.5mm squares and placed where the door would be. But in 1:1,000 scale it looks like a door.
I'll try and post a picture before I head away to Yosemite for a long weekend over the labour day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment