What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Excitement of the new

I've spent a very pleasant night tonight Googling 1:1,000 modelling. I must say it's been very exciting and enlightening. I've added quite a few useful and inspirational links over there on the right.
As you probably know 1:1,000 is an architectural model making scale. Huge grand buildings fit in the palm of your hand. Architectural modelling has its own styles and construction methods which I'm still researching and looking forward to incorporating in a model. The discovery of Balsa foam opens up some interesting ideas for my structure modelling. I'll be trying to get hold of some in the near future.
The links to some of the models is overloading my brain with ideas for a layout right now. I think I need to go and lay down in a darkened room to let it all sink in.
G'night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment