What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nano tree number three

Another tree for the afternoon. This one inspired by this 60+ footer seen from my back yard. The real thing is a bit spindlier and thinner than my version. Crowded around by other trees its difficult to make out the exact shape.
But I still feel that this is quite a convincing portrayal of a tree.
After just three attempts I feel that this technique is very viable for making trees in this super small scale. I can only get better at it. Time wise they don't take all that long to make. I spent more time waiting for caulk, glue and paint to dry than I did making up the armature.
Though I wouldn't consider making every tree for any layout by this method they will certainly make a talking point placed in a prominent position on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment