What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Monday, August 22, 2011

The locomotive project (part 2)

Nothing is ever as easy as it seems. Sometimes it's the easiest parts of a project that cause the most problem. Case in point with the SD70MAC project. You'd think with all the information out on the internet I would be able to find a comprehensive set of dimensions out there to enable me to get the model right. Well if you thought that then you're wrong. I haven't found any yet.
What I have found however is a nice set of drawings of an SD60M. I like SD60M's also known as Tri-clops because of the three front cab windows... Not that you're going to be able to make out the three front cab windows on a 1:1,000 scale model when its moving.
So SD70MAC or SD60M? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment