What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Product News!

Since buying my Nano train kit of parts I've been corresponding with Ed Lopatinsky the CEO of IDL motors, the producers of these "teeny trains" and yesterday he shared with me these pictures (which he has kindly allowed me to share with you) of their latest product they are labeling "TeenyTrack".
This TeenyTrack set is a bit smaller (120mm x 80mm) than the currently available oval of track in the Nano train parts sets that I have. The big difference is that with this new teenytrack the controller electronics are integrated into the baseboard, so that there is no plugging in of wires from the controller to the track. A task that I actually struggled with for a few minutes when I assembled mine. Ed also tells me that the controller can be pre-programmed in their lab to accommodate any kind of motion, completely random, faster-slower, or stop start etc; The price for this piece of miniaturization? About $50
One last point Ed made sure that I stressed is that this product is "Proudly made in the USA"
Edit: Sunday Aug 21st post updated to show the latest versions of the "TeenyTrack" board

No comments:

Post a Comment