What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A "what am I playing at?" moment

Last night I has another of "those" moments. A moment when it really sets in as to what I'm letting myself in for. So if you'll bear with me I'll explain.
Last night I printed off the drawing of the SD60M at 1;1,000 scale.
Its small.
Smaller than I envisioned. Place two wooden coffee stirrer sticks side by side. That's how wide the engine compartment hood is. Under 3/4" (about 15mm) long and a scant 3.5mm tall.
That's small. I was in a sort of shock.
Strangely though I was comforted to see that the lettering on the side of the hood was quite legible and there was a surprising amount of detail to be seen on the tiny drawing. Much more than I expected.
Then I began to realise that it wasn't all that bad. The calmer more rational side of my mind started to take over and actually start to work out how to create this tiny model.
Lets just say I have some good ideas and I'm raring to go to put them into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment