What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Friday, September 9, 2011

A boxcar

Here we are then everyone. You will remember how I wrote before I went on holiday about the ease of constructing a boxcar. Well its time for some photographic proof...
Its about 14mm long 3mm wide and 4mm high and is meant to represent an excess height boxcar. Of course you won't know its an excess height car unless you see it against a regular height car...
Still these are very easy to make, the toughest part being the filing out of the grooves of some embossed styrene to make the distinctive ends.
It looks a bit crude but its the first car I made and you're looking at it several times actual size.
But wait there's more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment