What is Nano Model railroading?

Nano model railroading is model railroading at a scale of 1:1,000. How on earth is this possible? Quite frankly, at the moment I don't know how possible it is but the technology exists to do it. So I'm going to have a go.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Waking up.

Coming back to this section of the internet, more experiments with Small Model Railways and trains powered by linear motors.
According to the blog I've been away for seven years and in that time things have changed. When I first dabbled with the IDL train linear motors there was only pre made ovals of track to be bought, and as much as I enjoyed the challenge of creating the trains. Well, the operation was severely limited.
 Now things are different, through Australian modeller Martin Kaselis and his work creating the Australian "Puffing Billy" line in 1:350 scale I have discovered that teeny trains have a range of sectional track! This means I could build a layout of a larger size and my own design.
 Martin is an extremely talented man who has designed his own sectional track system with the help of IDL motors and his Monbulk Creek Bridge layout is something to behold. When I saw this I was very inspired and immediately started to create schemes in my own head.
I have some plans of my own that I will reveal later as things develop. But for now take an internet stroll over to Martin's website and see what he's been up to, you can find it here 

No comments:

Post a Comment